Sunday, March 8, 2009

We're not a Test team any more: Mallya

New Delhi: After a disastrous performance in the inaugural IPL, the Bangalore Royal Challengers will be looking for a change in fortunes this time. And team owner Vijay Mallya is excited about his prize catch Kevin Pietersen. CNN-IBN caught up with the king of good times.

CNN-IBN: It seems the good times will get better with Kevin Pietersen on board.

Vijay Mallya: That's my hope. We clearly needed to beef up our batting and I think we have done it remarkably well with Kevin Pietersen in particular, and of course Jesse Ryder as well. I don't think people can now say we're a 'Test team' any more.

CNN-IBN: You seemed to be very delighted when you got Pietersen in the IPL auction. What does he bring to your team?

Vijay Mallya: I've spoken to some of our stalwarts in cricket and people rate him amongst the best batsmen in the world. Obviously I'm excited.

CNN-IBN: There has been a lot of talk about the captaincy issue and there seems to be a lot of speculation that Pietersen might just be stepping in for Rahul Dravid. What is your take on that? Do you believe that a more dynamic leader is required in the IPL?

Vijay Mallya: I will let you know when I take the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment